The Department of English is one of the largest Department of Chandpur Govt. College. The Department is situated in a calm and quiet environment surrounded by the shadows of the greenery around the college. The Department of English has reached a phenomenal peak of progress over the last few years for its remarkable success and achievement. The Department started its journey with the introduction of Masters ( Preli.) Course in 1997 and Honours Course in 1998 respectively. At present, the total number of students in both Honours and Masters Course is around 600. The number of posts in this Department is 05 and at present 03 teachers are serving the Department. The result of the Department is quite satisfactory which can be noticed from the statistics given below. The department is enriched with a sufficiently large seminar library. The total number of books in the library has been estimated more than 1500 which includes texts, notebooks, journals, and reference books along with books of Bengali Literature.
The Department is an ideal example of a cordial atmosphere and regular interaction among the students. Various cultural functions like fresher’s reception, seminars, debate competitions, study tours, etc. are being held regularly with the enthusiasm and active participation of the students and teachers of the Department.
1. Bachelor of Arts (BA)- Hon’s
2. Masters of Arts (MA)- English
3. Masters of Arts (MA- Final)- English
- This department provides regular classes and Tutorial examinations for the students of all sessions.
- Conduct seminars, workshops, and meetings on the problem related to educational development.
- Assist the college administration in the formulation of committees and other activities related to educational development.
- Co-operate with other departments in co-curricular activities and cultural activities.
- This department also conducts internal audits and sometimes facilitates external audits.
- This department arranges study tour for students each year.
- 1500 Number of books is available in the seminar for the students and teachers.
- A seminar room is open for all students every six days work week.
- Local and international journals, magazines, periodicals, reports, and publications are available for the students and teachers.
- The computer and the online facilities are available for the teachers for updating their knowledge.