Chandpur Govt College was established in 1946. Honours course in Bangla in Chandpur Govt. Collage, a college with rich heritage, started in 1991. Immediately after the inception if Honours Course, the department produces excellent results. The students of B.A.(Hon`s) secured 1st, 2nd and 6th places of the second class in 1994 under Chittagong University. In 1995, One student secured the place of 2nd class 1st in B.A.(Hon`s) Examination and other students stood 2nd class 10th in M.A.(Final) Examination in 1996 under the same university. 1999 and 2001 one student stood 2nd class 1st and another student stood 2nd class 5th respectively in B.A. .(Hon`s) Examination under National University. In M.A (Final) Examination 2000 and 2004, one student secured 2nd Class 4th Position and other students secured 2nd Class 6th Position under the National University. At present there are 5 Teachers in the Department against 7 sanction posts.
The Teachers of the department are very cordial. Co-curricular activities are also very strong in this Department. Every year National Days, Study tours, Bengali News year observation, Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti and Spring Festival etc are observed with due honour and fervor .A wall magazine under the title “Sancher” is being published regularly. Scholarships, Financial helps are provided to the poor and meritorious students of the department. A cordial environment prevails in the Department.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)- Hon’s
- Masters of Arts (MA)- Bangla
- This department provides regular classes and Tutorial examinations for the students of all sessions.
- Conduct Seminars, workshops and meeting on the problem related with educational development.
- Assist the college administration in formulation of committees and activities related to the educational development.
- Co-operate with other departments in co-curricular activities and cultural activities.
- This department arrange study tour for students in each year
- 1600 Number of books is available in the seminar for the students and teachers.
- A seminar room is open for all students in every six days work week.
- Local and international journals, magazines, periodicals, reports and publications are available for the students and teachers.
- The computer and the online facilities are available for the teachers for updating their knowledge regarding accounting information system.
- We prepared the academic calendar for the students covering the full syllabus of National University each different course in every year.