The Department of Chemistry is a unique department of Chandpur Govt. College. It’s principal responsibility is to provide Higher Secondary education and as well as higher education in graduation and post-graduation level. This department conducts the seminars and symposiums for the educational development in the area of Chemistry. This department collects current information from International & National institutions.
Historical Background: The department of Chemistry was established in the year of 1991. The honors course was introduced in the session of 1991-1992. The post graduate (Masters) course was introduced in the session 1993-1994 under the Act of National University. The structuring of the department of Chemistry aiming at creating a center of excellence in the area of chemistry education.
1. Bachelor of Science (BSc.)- Hon’s
2. Masters of Science (MSc.)- Chemistry
- This department provides regular classes and Tutorial examinations for the students of all sessions.
- Conduct seminars, workshops, and meetings on the problem related to educational development.
- Assist the college administration in the formulation of committees and other activities related to development.
- Co-operate with other departments in co-curricular activities and cultural activities.
- This department arranges study tours for students each year.
- 1340 Number of books is available in the seminar for the students and teachers.
- A seminar room is open for all students every six days work week.
- Local and international journals, magazines, periodicals, reports and publications are available for the students.
- The computer and the online facilities are available for the teachers for updating their knowledge.
- We prepared the academic calendar for the students covering the full syllabus of National University each different course every year.