Department of Economics is one of the well known departments of Chandpur Govt. College. It is situated in the first floor of the last building of the college. Last few years this department has become one of the largest & popular departments in the college. Chandpur Govt. College was started Ist June 1946. The humanities section was introduced in 1946 in intermediate section. The Honors& Masters (Preli) course started in session 1993-94. The Master’s final course started in session 1994-95. Today the total number of students in Hon’s & Master’s (preli and final) courses has gone past 700.The students of the department taking part in the various co-curricular activities like debating competition, cultural programs, annual sports, study tour etc.The result of the department is satisfactory. The department of Economics is enriched with seminar library. The total number of books of the library has been estimated more than 1000.
- Bachelor of Social Science (BSS)- Hon’s
- Masters of Social Science (MSS)- Economics
- This department provides regular classes and Tutorial examinations for the students of all sessions.
- Conduct Seminars, workshops and meeting on the problem related with educational development.
- Assist the college administration in formulation of committees and other activities related to the educational development.
- Co-operate with other departments in co-curricular activities and cultural activities.
- This department also conduct internal audit and sometimes facilitates external audit.
- This department arrange study tour for students in each year.
- 1500 Number of books is available in the seminar for the students and teachers.
- A seminar room is open for all students in every six days work week.
- Local and international journals, magazines, periodicals, reports and publications are available for the students and teachers.
- The computer and the online facilities are available for the teachers for updating their knowledge regarding accounting information system.
- We prepared the academic calendar for the students covering the full syllabus of National University each different course in every year.