The Department of Accounting is a unique department of Chandpur Govt. College. Its principal responsibility is to provide Higher Secondary education and as well as higher education at graduation and post-graduation levels. This department conducts seminars and symposiums for educational development in the area of Accounting. This department collects current information from International Accounting Standard Board, American Accounting Association, Financial Accounting Standard Board, and from some other accounting and financial of both local and international institutions.
Historical Background: The Department of Accounting was established in the year of 1991. The honors course was introduced in the session of 1991-1992. The post-graduate (Masters) course was introduced in the session 1993-1994 under the Act of National University. The structuring of the department of accounting aims at creating a center of excellence in the area of accounting education.
- Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)- Hon’s
- Masters of Business Studies (MBS)- Accounting
- This department provides regular classes and Tutorial examinations for the students of all sessions.
- Conduct seminars, workshops, and meetings on the problem related to educational development.
- Assist the college administration in the formulation of committees and other activities related to educational development.
- Co-operate with other departments in co-curricular activities and cultural activities.
- This department also conducts an internal audit and sometimes facilitates external audits.
- This department arranges study tour for students each year.
- Accounting Department plays the most significant role to provide opportunities for higher education among the students living especially in rural and semi-urban areas. This department has taken a lot of important steps to improve the standard of education by formulating a modern quality education. Every year most of the students obtained a good result in their existence that to grow a dynamic department of Chandpur Govt. College under National University.
- 1340 Number of books is available in the seminar for the students and teachers.
- A seminar room is open for all students every six days work week.
- Local and international journals, magazines, periodicals, reports, and publications are available for the students.
- The computer and the online facilities are available for the teachers for updating their knowledge regarding accounting information systems.
- We prepared the academic calendar for the students covering the full syllabus of National University each different course every year.